What does a Consumer Advocate do?
Consumer advocates perform tasks intended to provide relief or resolution to customers who need assistance or have had a negative experience with a business or service provider. They often play an active role in resolving grievances, mediating disputes, or addressing complaints. They may conduct investigations or perform research to discover the cause of a problem or identify the responsible parties that should be held accountable. They also frequently work to help expedite processes that have encountered delays.
Consumer advocates have at least a high school diploma, although a college degree or a diploma from a business training program is preferred. They typically have a strong background in customer service or administrative support roles. These roles require patience and determination, and advocates must be problem solvers with a dedication to customer service.
- Establish, own, and analyze program level P&Ls within a segment of marketing.
- Create new analytics around the marketing funnel and new account/balance efficiency.
- Build robust relationships and mobilize key external partners.
- Attract and develop diverse talent and delivering breakthrough team results.
- Assess and determine the correct course of action for assigned cases.
- Design, develop and maintain automated solutions for effective business validations.
- Ensure all staff is correctly following company policies and procedures.
- Run appropriate report(s) to monitor providers' cost, on-time and reroute performance.
- Write and edit case studies, advocacy blog posts, and related sales enablement materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Confident serving in an advocacy role.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
How much does a Consumer Advocate make?
Consumer Advocate Career Path
Learn how to become a Consumer Advocate, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Consumer Advocate Insights
“Good variety of work and great to work with team members from around the world!”
“I have worked for Age Cymru for 16 years and it is an excellent organisation that works with older people”
“The internship for me was based on my future career goals and it was good ground for my career.”
“The people are amazing and the support to progress and learn is the best I have ever experienced.”
“There are many opportunities to grow and I’ve learned quite a bit that will benefit my career in the future.”
“Everyone helps one another and management is the best I have ever had anywhere else.”
“When working in such a large scale team there is less opportunity for career growth.”
“Working as an Advocacy Assistant at ADHRB was a perfect opportunity to start my international career.”
Consumer Advocate Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Consumer Advocate
- Sales Representative
- Sales Manager
- Regional Sales Manager
- Customer Relations