What does a Consumer Product Sales Representative do?
Product sales specialists are responsible for driving expansion that leads to increased sales revenues generated from targeted products. They develop and implement tactics and strategies to grow designated accounts or product categories. They use lead generation and prospecting strategies to establish and nurture relationships with key decision-makers, influencers, and other target clients. They work in close cooperation and collaboration with sales managers, account executives, business development teams, and other internal units. They also provide general client relations and account management support.
Product sales specialists typically have at least a bachelor’s degree in a business discipline, and a background in sales or client relations. They must be highly organized with strong project management capabilities. They should be comfortable working in an environment where they may be expected to meet sales or growth quotas or benchmarks.
- Recommend sales strategies not just to retain, but also to grow the existing business.
- Identify customer needs and translate them into tangible business opportunities.
- Coordinate and organize technical (ACE) support for demos,PoCs, support of evaluation,training etc.
- Direct and support collaborative sales efforts to grow one or more assigned product lines.
- Produce a market intelligence report for the leadership team, that helps in taking strategic decisions.
- Anticipate the needs of customers and execute on a sales strategy to help us become the technical vendor of choice.
- Develop productive business relationships with key stakeholders in the field.
- Connect with customers and build relationships to offer and provide value added print and marketing solutions.
- Review and execute internal communications and coach associates in exceptional service, consultative selling, and total solutions.
- Utilize order intake tools to consult with customers, ask open ended questions to offer them appropriate options and deliver a total print solution to drive sales and dollars per transaction.
- Guide the development and execution of strategic account plans to ensure achievement of assigned business goals and budgets.
- Identify new revenue opportunities from existing / new clients and manage the periodic contract renewal process.
- Swiftly respond and close all the RFQ's and RFI's in coordination with relevant teams.
- Participate in a 'continuous learning' process with the regular interaction with the products.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration, engineering, science or electrical engineering.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Knowledge of industry, including marketing plans, security and safety programs.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Strong strategic thinking and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs such as Excel.
- Fluency in products and services.
- Will display a positive attitude at all times.
- Experience with threat detection and incident response.
- Comfortable negotiating and making decisions.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
How much does a Consumer Product Sales Representative make?
Consumer Product Sales Representative Career Path
Learn how to become a Consumer Product Sales Representative, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Consumer Product Sales Representative Insights
“You get an automatic allotment of your PTO days on your start date and the 401k match is really good.”
“It department under paid watching all other departments get better pay when your helping them preform there job is not ideal”
“Good good good good good”
“great environment to work and progress your career in”
“Good career development and people oriented”
“Good ambient and teamwork.”
“Great people to work with”
“Good work life balance guaranteed”
Consumer Product Sales Representative Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Consumer Product Sales Representative
- Sales Representative
- Sales Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Relations