What does a Development Associate do?
Development associates assist in planning and overseeing fundraising activities and events. They are critical players for each step and detail, including contacting and cultivating relationships with donors and sponsors and creating grant programs. If they work for a nonprofit organization, they record donations, identify potential donation sources, and record all gifts and fundraising campaign progress.
Development associates are the point person for fundraising and donation efforts. They contact potential donors and maintain relationships with existing donors. They organize fundraising events and create and submit reports for management teams that detail the progress and effectiveness of campaigns. They keep records of donations and work with the organization's accounting department when needed to track donations. Development associates acknowledge contributions from donors and granting agencies, research potential funding sources, and organize newsletters and other organization communication materials. Development associates need a minimum associate’s degree in communications, public relations, or related fields.
- Create appropriate Operational Excellence capabilities at the site to deliver the roadmap.
- Contribute to the overall monthly development and communications strategic plans.
- Initiate safety, cost, quality, and productivity improvements in the manufacturing operations.
- Facilitate the expediting and manage of the State and Local permit approval and closing processes.
- Monitor and report on the progress of all active projects.
- Develop new relationships and strike revenue-generating partnerships with digital health companies.
- Provide technical support to technicians and work teams and serve as a technical resource for the department.
- Support the team in manage critical correspondence related to development and partnerships.
- Lead and motivate the OESSM team to continuously identify initiatives that drive efficiency and improve the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), streamline and reduce non-value added steps while maintain, requirements.
- With the agreement of the regional Head, either lead or be a member of specific projects by facilitating workshops and demonstrating the use of tools or by leading teams through the completion of missions/workshops.
- Support the project teams during the execution to help them achieve their goal on time.
- Provide market feedback across go-to-market and technical teams to ensure rapid product and communication improvements.
- Identify, analyze and solve manufacturing process issues and equipment related problems.
- Support the entirety of the M&A process including strategy, sourcing, diligence, negotiation, and execution.
- Assist with the due diligence, entitlement, design and permitting process for all multi-family projects as assigned with an emphasis on supporting the development team.
- Support proposal and report submissions for foundation and corporate partners.
- Create relationship management systems and processes in collaboration with the marketing team.
- Manage the annual fund which consists of a targeted quarterly direct mail program.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in engineering, computer science, business or business administration or equivalent experience.
- Capable leader with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Requires meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Always striving for continuous improvement.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information security or linguistics.
How much does a Development Associate make near United States?
Development Associate Career Path
Learn how to become a Development Associate, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Development Associate Insights
“Sallery package is good Best learning platform and growing and development of ourselves and personality improvement”
“5. Good compensation based on your experience and job location with early promotion based on performance.”
“Interesting work and good people”
“Long working hours but enjoyed job so wasn't am issue.”
“non attorneys are great to work with and will train you well.”
“I enjoy being able to work with truly passionate people who are ready to change the home fitness industry.”
“Awesome projects to work on with a top notch team of professionals who are the best in the business.”
“Multiple opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally.”
Development Associate Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Development Associate
- Major Gifts Officer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Event Planner