What does a Development Coordinator do?
A development coordinator works within various organizations to secure funding and sponsorships. From assisting department leaders in developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships and securing new ones, a development coordinator advances the company's initiatives through actively seeking partners. Additionally, a development coordinator will coordinate with various business partners and organize events. A development coordinator organizes with other members of the development team and plans ways to increase brand awareness and funding.
A high school diploma is required to become employed in the position. Many employees have a bachelor's degree in business management, public relations or related field. Successful development coordinators are proactive, self-motivated employees who perform well in a team setting. They consistently work to accomplish goals and increase their organization's revenue.
- Establish a realistic budget for events and account for anticipated fundraising outcomes
- Works with the advertisement and marketing departments to promote fundraising events using flyers, advertisements and digital marketing outreach
- Assume full responsibility for various fundraising efforts including product sales, obtaining items for sale in auctions and acquiring donations
- Assist in writing grant proposals and developing event opportunities
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding
- Assists in helping management in the development of fundraising goals and works to achieve and surpass these goals
- Coordinate all aspects of fundraising events and activities planning to execution
- Work directly with management and development team to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects
- Foster positive relationships with current and potential business partners
- Work closely with social media department to establish plans for marketing events and programs
- Ability to work well with a team to promote company initiatives
- 1-3 years' experience working in fundraising or project organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and sponsors
- Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers
- Ability to generate interest in the company or program and reach out to appropriate business partners
- Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image
How much does a Development Coordinator make?
Development Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Development Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Development Coordinator Insights
“There are some really great people on staff and on the board that want the best for the organization.”
“Saying you worked there can land you that next great job that will pay you top dollar.”
“LendingPoint has been growing exponentially since its inception and I have great confidence in the leadership and the direction it is heading.”
“I have only worked here since May but so far this is the best experience joining company and new role I have had.”
“meaning I was personally handling lots of peoples social security numbers and credit card numbers.”
“I was terrified of getting sick and giving it to my nephew who was born in 2020.”
“Everyone I worked with was great and I had an amazing schedule”
“I left for my own career development purposes but I would absolutely recommend voice project to any employee”
Development Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Development Coordinator
- Benefits Coordinator
- HR Manager
- HR Consultant
- HR Business Partner