What does a Digital Marketing Specialist do?
Digital marketing managers are responsible for the overall digital marketing strategy of a company. They run the day-to-day management of projects and ensure that they are completed successfully. Digital marketing managers manage social media campaigns, content calendars, maintain the company's content, among many other tasks. They also will measure the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns.
Digital marketing managers should have at least 5 years of experience in a similar marketing role. They should also have a bachelor's degree in marketing or business. Certifications in Google Adwords and other social media certifications are preferred but not required. Digital marketing managers should be experts in all things that involve the digital presence of a company from social media to e-commerce. They must have the ability to juggle multiple projects and stay on top of all of them. Digital marketing managers should also have photo and video editing skills in order to edit content.
- Manage the content that the business posts to social media
- Develop strategies that drive customers to the website
- Improve the design, UX, traffic, and content of the website
- Create paid campaigns on social media platforms
- Maintain consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms
- Create email blast campaigns to target key customers
- Use advanced metrics to measure the success of a marketing campaign
- Keep up to date on the latest social media trends
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business
- Great problem solving skills
- Proficient in photo and video editing software such as Adobe
- Deep knowledge of web design principles
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Ability to identify long term trends in data
- Great communication skills
- Experience working with a content management system
- Strong project management skills
How much does a Digital Marketing Specialist make near United States?
Digital Marketing Specialist Career Path
Learn how to become a Digital Marketing Specialist, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Digital Marketing Specialist Insights
“I love the activities we have to better the work day the crepe workshop was so fun and rewarding”
“I didn't found any con about working in TR Capital Hisar everyone is soo nice and good”
“I learned so much about the ETF industry and working with the asset management partners was challenging but enjoyable.”
“The manager I worked with was incapable and not suitable to take responsibility for this role.”
“I am blessed to have the opportunity to work with such a close knit group of fun and energetic individuals.”
“This is not paid internship but I am still satisfied with the skill and great value training.”
“The best part of the company is the talented and fun people that you get to work with each day.”
“If you can do this successfully which people have done you’ll do great and you’ll make great money.”
Digital Marketing Specialist Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Digital Marketing Specialist
When working as a Digital Marketing Specialist, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Google Analytics, AdWords, Written Communication, HTML AND CSS, and Optimization.
- Marketing Coordinator
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Account Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Digital Marketing Specialist include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.
Get anonymous career insight from your peers
Anonymously discuss career and development by joining our professional communities
Feel free to post any interview questions you might be asked and I’ll help you compose an effective response :)
A place to share advice, questions, vent and discuss how to change careers and pivot in to and out of jobs.
A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.