What does an EDI Analyst do?
EDI analysts are technical specialists who plan, create, analyze, and implement electronic data interchange (EDI) systems and supporting processes. They ensure these systems are working properly to enable the efficient exchange of information between organizations or among internal units within an organization. They also assess the business needs and challenges and identify ways to optimize these systems to best serve those purposes. They are also responsible for testing, maintenance and troubleshooting, and may provide tech support.
EDI analysts often have at least an associate degree in a computer science or technical field, and may have worked in tech support or an administrative support role. They must be familiar with EDI systems, and comfortable using EDI programs and validation tools, some of which may be specific to the particular industry.
- Serve as backup to EDI Compliance Manager as needed.
- Responsible for eligibility and card request support after implementation of a new integration.
- Provide guidance to team members regarding EDI and TMW related needs.
- Remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time.
- Maintain knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory changes and how they impact operational processes and beyond.
- Frequently communicate with peers, supervisors, third parties, and other employees to exchange accurate information and answer questions.
- Work on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role.
- Prepare management reports communicate, project status, critical issues and potential pitfalls.
- Ensure the proper setup and assignment of security levels for all users into the Accounts Receivable Billing System.
- Create estimates for software development and delivery to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Ensure new development project and strategic initiatives that influence the technical investment of the platform conform to architectural standards.
- Support corporate initiatives relating to interoperability and integration between Medical Mutual, members, providers, payers, and public health agencies.
- Assist AR representatives in providing timely file information when needed.
- Monitor the task queues and assign corrections or errors appropriately.
- Research applicable regulations and guidance.
- Identify trends or problems and offer solutions for resolution and/ or prevention.
- Formulate a plan of action and report and present findings and make recommendations for closing any gaps that may be identified.
- Monitor conformance of inbound and outbound electronic transactions to ensure that edits are appropriately set to ensure that Medical Mutual accepts and transmits compliant transactions.
- Manage Billing Administration subordinates to ensure all billing-related protocols are followed in the creation, transmission and troubleshooting of all electronic claim submission files to payers for timely payment.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's degree in business, computer science, information systems or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with applicable software and systems including SQL Server and FTP.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and business process analysis.
- Skilled at requirements gathering, problem analysis and problem solving.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Comfortable making decisions and providing solutions to problems to team and superiors.
How much does an Edi Analyst make?
EDI Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become an EDI Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
EDI Analyst Insights
“Capgemini is a great place to start your professional career and progress your way up along the technological ladder”
“based organizations you will have an opportunity to switch projects but here you can't switch because the work is the same.”
“I get the feeling that many were contributing to a good culture but others weren't.”
“Help out in career opportunities and development.”
“Good benefits (best medical I've seen outside Medicaid)”
“Great people to work with”
“Great team to work with”
“nice people to work with”
EDI Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an EDI Analyst
- Information Technology Engineer
- IT Security Analyst
- Information Technology Manager