What does an Esthetician do?
An esthetician is responsible for helping clients keep up their appearance through many different methods. They are responsible for skin treatments, hair removal, and the care of clients. A few of the main duties of an esthetician are conducting consultations for services, tracking a client's skin progress, training new staff, and suggesting skincare products to clients. They also have to try and retain as many clients as possible. Some of the jobs titles that an esthetician could grow into are spa owner and spa manager.
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. One of the most important skills that an esthetician will have is the ability to connect with clients. Another skill is communication as the esthetician will need to be able to tell the clients about their various services.
- Apply skincare product to client
- Explain services to clients
- Train new employees
- Have consultations with clients on best treatment options
- Recommend skincare products to clients
- Recommend a daily routine to clients
- Pitch clients on upgraded services
- Remove hair on client designated areas
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Ability to develop a plan of action for clients care
- Ability to make a client feel comfortable
- Deep knowledge of skincare techniques
- State esthetician's license required
- Motivated to work evenings and weekends
- Sales skills to sell products to clients
- Ability to manage your time well
How much does an Esthetician make?