What does an Assistant Fleet Manager do?
A fleet manager is responsible for ensuring that all of the driver's are properly scheduled. They are responsible for ensuring driver's are following their routes properly and making all of their deliveries and pickups. A few of the main duties of a fleet manager are scheduling maintenance on vehicles, complying with driving regulations, training new employees, and purchasing new company vehicles. They also have to prepare reports detailing the effectiveness of the fleet. Some of the jobs titles that a fleet manager could grow into are operations manager and fleet director of operations.
A fleet manager should have two years of experience in logistics as well as a Bachelor's degree in supply chain management. One of the most important skills that a fleet manager will have is the ability to quickly identify patterns and trends. Another skill is organization as the fleet manager will have to be able to schedule all of the driver's and routes.
- Schedule driver's on various routes
- Schedule maintenance and repairs on vehicles
- Decide and purchase company vehicles
- Train new driver's
- Develop a strategy for decreasing vehicle cost
- Encourage driver's to create the most efficient routes
- Create reports of driver's effectiveness
- Follow all vehicle regulations and laws
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management
- Ability to schedule a group of driver's
- Great organizational skills
- Incredible time management skills
- Ability to analyze large sets of data and draw conclusions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to hire and train new employees
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Great knowledge of vehicles
How much does an Assistant Fleet Manager make?
Assistant Fleet Manager Career Path
Learn how to become an Assistant Fleet Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Assistant Fleet Manager Insights
“Work schedule is great and the other FM's including my SFM are awesome to work with.”
“Good morning I am not sure if you are not filtered”
“Pension and holiday is good I suppose”
“Store manager is amazing and I feel valued as a supervisor”
“Difficult to grow and progress unless you got good PR skill”
“Good company for Learning and career development”
“Good company to work and develop a career”
“Great learning environment to grow your career and skills”
Assistant Fleet Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Assistant Fleet Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Associate