How to Become a Salesforce Pardot Consultant?
Steps to Become a Salesforce DeveloperA Salesforce developer works on the Salesforce platform and is responsible for managing and customizing the technical side of the platform. If you have strong communication and time management skills and you enjoy computer programming, you might work well as a Salesforce developer.
Earn a computer-related bachelor's degree.
Most software developers, including Salesforce developers, have at least a bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field. During these courses, you'll garner strong computer programming skills and gain related experience. You should also learn more about object-oriented programming principles, .NET programming, and Java.
What type of degree should you pursue to become a Salesforce Developer?
100% of people working as a Salesforce Developer earned a Bachelor's Degree
What skills do you need to be a Salesforce Developer?
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Service Cloud
- Restful APIS
- Agile Software Development
- Relational Database
Complete a developer internship.
While completing undergraduate coursework, try to complete an internship with a focus on the software business. Try to find an internship that gives you direct access to Salesforce software applications. Not only will this opportunity give you hands-on experience and help enhance your skills, but you will gain connections in the industry.
Take online classes and tutorials.
Once you complete your undergraduate coursework and internship, you need to gain Salesforce-specific knowledge. One way to do this is to take online courses geared specifically for Salesforce development. Keep in mind that the majority of these courses and tutorials are fee-based, although you might be able to find some that are free.
In addition to training and other technical skills, you need Salesforce certification to work as a Salesforce developer. You can choose from eight different types of certifications:
- B2 Commerce Developer: This certificate is designed for those who have experience as full-stack developers.
- Industries CPQ Developer: This credential is best for individuals who have experience in developing configure, price, and quote applications.
- Marketing Cloud Developer: These developers have hands-on experience developing across the entire platform. They're also experienced in data configuration and advanced segmentation.
- OmniStudio Developer: This credential is for those who have skills and experience developing cloud applications.
- Platform App Builder: This certificate states that individuals have skills and knowledge in designing, building, and implementing custom applications.
- Platform Developer I: These developers know how to develop and deploy interfaces using programming capabilities.
- Platform Developer II: This credential piggybacks on the Platform Developer I certification and shows that individuals have advanced skills.
Enhance your career.
As a Salesforce developer, you'll notice that the trajectory consists of three levels: junior, middle, and senior. When you become a senior Salesforce developer, you can become a Salesforce architect or Salesforce consultant.
- Salesforce architect: As the highest point of a Salesforce developer's position, the Salesforce architect designs an architectural model of Salesforce CRM and custom applications based on the client's needs. This position requires a strong understanding of all Salesforce products and development tools.
- Salesforce consultant: This position serves as a middle person between the customer and technical team. The Salesforce consultant analyzes the client's business needs and gives the most suitable means to address them via Salesforce products.
Salesforce Pardot Consultant Career Path
Senior Salesforce Developer
Salesforce Developer IV
Total Pay Trajectory
Salesforce Pardot Consultant Career Path
Related Careers in the Engineering Industry
Interested in other Engineering careers? Below are occupations that have high affinity with Salesforce Pardot Consultant skills. Discover some of the most common Salesforce Pardot Consultant career transitions, along with skills overlap.