What does an Inside Sales Account Manager do?
Inside account executives are sales professionals who connect with leads and customers to establish new relationships or maintain and grow existing accounts. These sales specialists typically work remotely, interacting with prospects and customers via phone, email, or other electronic methods. They are responsible for managing the entire sales process, from the initial contact to closing the sale, as well as any follow-up. They also cultivate existing accounts to establish ongoing relationships for repeat sales. They are often expected to meet established sales quotas.
Inside account executives generally have at least a high school diploma, although some employers do require additional education or training. They typically have a background in sales or customer service, and may be expected to have in-depth knowledge of a particular product line or industry. They must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, stressful environment where they may be expected to meet sales quotas.
- Manage retention and sales targets by achieving weekly and monthly metrics.
- Build instant rapport and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Call existing customers to increase sales.
- Continue education on product advantages to ensure customer loyalty and align with company goals.
- Manage new and existing deals through all stages of the sales cycle.
- Keep management informed by submit activity reports, such as daily call logs, and weekly work plans.
- Work with internal business partners on price quotes, shipping, resolving order problems, etc.
- Gain new accounts and seek opportunities in your account territory.
- Create and maintain, a database of current and potential customers.
- Process renewals and contract amendments and working closely with other customer success, billing, operations, support, and product departments regularly.
- Enhance all customer connections in a manner that ensures great customer retention and high renewal rates as measured by quarterly results.
- Keep up with product and service information and updates.
- Identify and generate demand among customers and establish in-person and virtual meetings.
- Stay informed of industry trends to help resolve specific market challenges.
- Learn and deliver specific company supported sales concepts in a manner consistent with industry, company, and customer compliance standards.
- Generate sales of significant target premium through third party producers.
- Provide both point-of-sale and post-sale support for producer and client relationships.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Able to display strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Solid computer literacy.
- Requires careful attention to detail.
How much does an Inside Sales Account Manager make?
Inside Sales Account Manager Career Path
Learn how to become an Inside Sales Account Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Inside Sales Account Manager Insights
“My branch manager was a pleasure to work with but those above him were a nightmare.”
“It provides excellent opportunities for freshers as well as anyone who wants to make a career growth.”
“everyone was nice and such”
“It was an easy going job with amazing people and to be honest I really didn't want to leave.”
“I joined XMA 7 months ago and it is one of the best places I have ever worked.”
“Great training and options for career progression”
“I have never had such thorough training with any other job I've been with before this.”
“Take it from someone who was in one of the first training classes SHI offered.”
Inside Sales Account Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Inside Sales Account Manager
- Strategic Account Executive
- National Account Executive
- Enterprise Account Executive
- Account Executive