What does an Internal Auditor do?
As an Internal Auditor you will provide systematic and disciplined approach to effectiveness of risk management control and governance processes. You will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement. You will be accountable for the examination and evaluation of organization processes, reporting findings back to management regarding possible improvements and corrections.
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in accounting with a Certified Internal Auditor certification and proven experience as an Internal Auditor. You will have excellent report writing skills along with analysis and data reporting skills and a high level of interpersonal skills. You must have excellent MS Office proficiency especially in databases and a willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Develop internal audit scope and audit plans
- Acquire, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and share risk aversion methods and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits
- MBA in accounting, preferred
- Certified Internal Auditor, preferred
- Work with little supervision
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent analysis and data reporting skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Proven work experience as an auditor
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
How much does an Internal Auditor make near United States?
Internal Auditor Career Path
Learn how to become an Internal Auditor, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Internal Auditor Insights
“No promotion opportunity unless your English is good and with ACCA or another higher certificate level.”
“I have worked here for 4 years and great opportunities for career growth have been provided.”
“Normal benefits with reasonable "low" deductibles 100% employer paid when I worked here.”
“life balance is night and day from my prior job and the company cares that you have enough time to enjoy your personal life.”
“Career development is encouraged and supported”
“Good salary and the job is not difficult”
“People are nice and friendly.”
“Great people and fun to work for Jabil.”
Internal Auditor Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Internal Auditor
- Audit Staff Member
- Finance Manager