What does an IT Analyst do?
As an IT Analyst you will work with management to determine IT objectives to improve business outcomes. You will design and implement information systems that will optimize organizational efficiencies. You will keep the company up to speed on best practices with IT standards and guidelines while troubleshooting systems.
An ideal candidate will have an associate degree in computer science or engineering or related field with A+ and Linux+ certifications. You will be experienced in troubleshooting systems and be skilled in database programming and software installation. You will be proficient with MAC and OS and be familiar with a wide range of software and hardware. You must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Install and configure hardware and software components
- Upgrade systems to enable compatible software
- Install and upgrade antivirus software
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Perform tests on new hardware and software
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Analyze IT requirements and provide objective advice on the use of IT
- Set up new user accounts and profiles and handle password issues
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or related field, preferred
- A+ and Linux+ Certification, preferred
- 0-2 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience troubleshooting systems
- Skilled in database programming and software installation
- Proficient with MAC and OS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
How much does an IT Analyst make?
IT Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become an IT Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
IT Analyst Insights
“1. Great learning opportunities and career growth if you get assigned to nice development projects.”
“Great team ethic and some of the best managers I've worked with in my career so far.”
“Not the best place if you want to work in latest technology or cloud development tech”
“Well if you are joining here as a new associate after couple of jumps you will get a good salary.”
“If you are willing to balance your personal life IT then this is one of the best companies.”
“Nothing as such from TCS end but based on project work life balance can get hampered.”
“able and not based on your sole contribution but focuses on team efforts”
“Nice and Good to work”
IT Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an IT Analyst
- IT Consultant
- Information Technology Specialist
- Information Technology Manager