What does an IT Audit Manager do?
IT audit managers oversee IT programs and systems with a focus on ensuring they adhere to all safety and security protocols. The manager enforces all internal IT policies and also verifies the department or organization acts in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations. They lead a team of audit specialists and other IT staff, delegate tasks, and organize training programs. They develop and supervise IT audit procedures and processes. They may also perform testing and conduct risk assessment evaluations.
IT audit managers typically have a bachelor’s degree in a computer science or business field, and a background as an IT specialist or a similar role, ideally with supervisory responsibilities. Requires familiarity with IT auditing principles and practices. They must have excellent leadership skills and strong project management capabilities.
- Contribute to the growth of the IT risk advisory team to achieve key goals and initiatives.
- Work side by side with business leaders to solve complex client challenges.
- Lead IT risk advisory engagements from beginning to end, including planning, execution, reporting, and supervision of Consultants.
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends, techniques, and risks to identify security and risk management improvement opportunities to enhance value to our clients.
- Identify internal controls issues within our clients' IT environment and develop gap analysis.
- Develop understanding of core IT processes and look for opportunities to help IT management in gaining process efficiencies and control optimization.
- Summarize and document results of IT internal controls testing for management reporting including proper disposition of test exceptions.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Basic understanding of COBIT framework.
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning programs and tools.
- CISA certification is helpful.
How much does an IT Audit Manager make?
IT Audit Manager Career Path
Learn how to become an IT Audit Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
IT Audit Manager Insights
“Good employee benefit eg medical insurance and holidays for vaccination etc. Can learn best practice in the industry.”
“There is a spirit of innovation and determination to serve our customers that cannot be matched.”
“Good industry exposure therefore great for career development”
“Great products but very niched based.”
“I started in September 2018 and I have seen the Bank continuously maturing with the Internal Audit department being a major contributor (i.e.”
“Small firm and no career future.”
“The compensation is not so great”
“Opportunity to grow your career”
IT Audit Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an IT Audit Manager
- Information Technology Engineer
- It Security Analyst
- Information Technology Manager