What does a Lead IT Auditor do?
As an IT Auditor you will assist the organization by protecting its internal controls and data within its technology system. You will safeguard information by identifying weaknesses and create strategies to prevent security breaches. You will examine the organizations IT system to ensure sufficient controls are kept, security of data stored or transported. You will classify technology issues and provide additional recommendations to management with solutions to fix internal controls.
An ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in information technology or accounting and hold a minimum of a CISA certification. You must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role and be adept troubleshooting systems. You will be proficient with MAC and OS and be familiar with a range of software and hardware. You must be willing to travel to various sites to conduct audits.
- Identify weaknesses in the system and create action plan to prevent security breaches
- Plan internal audit procedures
- Create internal audit reports
- Collaborate and create a solid IT infrastructure
- Devise and implement network security policies and procedures
- Travel to client sites
- Conduct training on security features
- Troubleshoot security network problems
- CISA Certification, required
- CISSP, CISM, MCSE, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Prior training experience is a plus
- Experience troubleshooting systems
- Proficient with MAC and OS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Willingness to travel
How much does an It Auditor Lead make?
Lead IT Auditor Career Path
Learn how to become a Lead IT Auditor, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Lead IT Auditor Insights
“It was a good learning experience and you get to work on many projects during your time there.”
“Good and friendly environment to work”
“I think it is a great place to begin your career as you are trained to become a well seasoned professional.”
“EY got me where I am today and I learned so many skills that set me apart.”
“All good but salaries are not managable”
“Quite a lot to learn and good place to begin our career”
“Boring and dead end career”
“No work and life balance”
Lead IT Auditor Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Lead IT Auditor
- Internal Auditor
- Audit Staff
- Business Process Consultant
The most common qualifications to become a Lead IT Auditor include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.