What does a Junior Integration Engineer do?
Integration engineers support various projects, identify business needs, and propose IT solutions to evaluate a client’s existing components and ensure that final solutions meet organizational needs. They need knowledge of the latest integration solutions and problem-solving methods using creativity, customer service, and teamwork. They develop and implement solutions that integrate applications across an enterprise or its units and departments by evaluating existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and ensure that final solutions meet the organization's needs.
Integration engineers plan, design, and implement the integration process, including creating documentation for future managers and engineers to address issues. They listen to the client to understand their needs and test plan specifications while analyzing and designing the solutions they integrate for clients. Integration engineers need a bachelor's degree or higher in the computer science field and experience in integration engineering.
- Responsible for the overall technical aspects of projects.
- Perform data analysis of input, internal, and output message data.
- Plan and lead integration tests with external elements and sensors.
- Design, build and maintain interfaces between different messaging structures and related applications.
- Develop new application integrations and provide daily operational support.
- Serve as the primary coordinator for internal engineering resources.
- Prepare technical data such as test procedures, performance specifications and assist in product manual creation.
- Record, track, and report integration performance and software quality metrics.
- Collaborate with executive leadership and HR staff to identify system improvements and enhancements and recommend and implement solutions.
- Gather and analyze requirements and design solutions to meet business needs.
- Provide production support for incident management and integration monitoring.
- Identify and communicate product and project risks and opportunities.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by develop documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Ensure that all existing interfaces are functioning as designed and meeting the needs of the nephrology practices.
- Author spiral and build-level test plan documents and procedures.
- Advise management and appropriate groups on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions.
- May coach and review the work of lower level staff.
- Assist departments in assuring safety and office compliance of fire, OSHA, MSDS needs as per policy.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to HRIS users.
- Assess current processes to suggest improvements to management.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Vista.
- A natural collaborator and problem solver.
- Comfortable with interfacing, scripting, and debugging.
- Proficiency in Linux, Python, Terraform, JAVA, and SQL.
- Fluent in a variety of programs and software.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Fluent in operating systems.
How much does a Junior Integration Engineer make?
Junior Integration Engineer Career Path
Learn how to become a Junior Integration Engineer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Junior Integration Engineer Insights
“My coworkers are brilliant and fun and I get to work every day on solving interesting problems.”
“The corporate culture is laid back but still driven and is one of the best aspects of the job.”
“The engineering teams are generally staffed with qualified engineers who are pretty good to work with.”
“While I was working at Nokia it was very hard to decide on my career path and I didn't receive enough attention from my manager.”
“courses support as there are mandatory courses and certificates that we take and optional ones based on what i want to learn.”
“Great people to work with that really care about helping to foster you into what you want to grow your career into”
“I am fortunate to have a manager that cares about you as a person and not just a worker.”
“Flexible work schedule is nice”
Junior Integration Engineer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Junior Integration Engineer
- Project Engineer
- Production Engineer
- Process Engineer
The most common qualifications to become a Junior Integration Engineer include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.