What does a Lead Customer Success Manager do?
A Customer Success Manager seeks to develop a positive customer experience and fosters relationships and support brand loyalty. The job title is a mid-level management level position in the customer service department. They work alongside upper management to promote retention of customers and overall positive experience with the brand. Additionally, a Customer Success Manager is also well-versed on the technical side of projects and can offer insight and tips on how to use features and troubleshoot.
A Customer Success Manager usually has a bachelor's degree in business, technology or related field. They work closely with other departments and analyze data involving customer reviews and experience with products or services. Individuals who are excited to support brand goals and optimistic about sharing the company's message tend to excel in the position of Customer Success Manager.
- Establish clear retention goals and process milestones for the client and employees to work toward
- Assist customers as needed with setting up and navigating programs or software associated with a product or service
- Experience workinSeek to promote the value of the product and upsell services and products with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Assist in creating training courses and educational materials for other members of the department
- Review customer complaints and concerns and seek to improve all aspects of the customer experience with the company
- Promote an energetic fan base for products and locate brand ambassadors to share the product's benefit and value
- Maintain a detailed understanding of products and services, assist customers with questions and suggest the best products for their needs
- Optimize existing processes within the company and actively enhance all Customer Success initiatives
- 3-5 years of experience in customer service or customer success position strongly preferred
- Experience working with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Technical skills required, as they relate for the use of the product to service to be solid
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
- Experience in managing a diverse group and training each according to company standards
- Ability to establish milestones and keep all team members on task
- Experience analyzing and optimizing the existing processes in the Customer Success department
- Deep understanding of customers concerns and thoughts regarding the use of products, and the ability to troubleshoot as needed
How much does a Lead Customer Success Manager make?
Lead Customer Success Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Lead Customer Success Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Lead Customer Success Manager Insights
“I am very happy with the process and very excited to grow my career at Launchmetrics.”
“Career progression opportunities are clearly defined and there are many avenues to develop your career.”
“My teammates are smart and collaborative and I am proud of the impact SPINS products are having in the world.”
“The customers have been great to work with and I feel like what I am doing is important.”
“It's rare in ones professional career to find such a rewarding and meaningful opportunity.”
“Management all the way up to the CEO try and stay close to what's really happening with our customers”
“There is so much room for growth and opportunity and I look forward to growing my career here!”
“I worked with an incredible team and I genuinely enjoyed the work I was doing.”
Lead Customer Success Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the role and responsibilities of customer success managers
Customer success managers spend their day on the phone and on the computer. They talk to clients educating them on products and services and keeping track of contracts and renewal dates. A customer success manager is also a skilled salesperson.
The best part about being a customer success manager is a growing field with many opportunities. It plays a critical role in the changing digital economy, ensuring that organizations have a steady revenue stream. Most of the customer success manager jobs involve working in an office with regular business hours.
Working as a customer success manager is not hard, but it takes a number of different skills to be successful. You need to be able to juggle different clients, their individual needs, and successfully balance this with the needs of the company.