What does a Lead Engagement Manager do?
An engagement manager is responsible for building a positive relationship with a client after they have signed a contract. They are responsible for solving any issue that a client experiences. A few of the main duties of an engagement manager are assigning company resources to the client, billing and invoicing the client, managing the client expectations, and working with the sales team. They also have to prepare reports on the progress of the project. Some of the jobs titles that an engagement manager could grow into are head of sales and head of customer relations.
An engagement manager should have 4 years of experience working in customer service as well as a bachelor's degree in business or marketing. One of the most important skills that an engagement manager will have is their ability to problem solve issues for the client. Another skill is communication as the engagement manager will need to be able to communicate effectively with the client.
- Solve client issues
- Assign resources from the company to the client
- Invoice and bill client
- Work with the sales team to find new clients
- Ensure the contract is carried out correctly
- Create a positive experience for clients
- Find ways to upsell clients
- Create reports on progress of the contract
- 4 years of experience in customer service
- Ability to negotiate with clients
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite
- Ability to quickly solve problems
- A positive upbeat attitude
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Great organizational skills
- Experience managing projects
How much does a Lead Engagement Manager make?
Lead Engagement Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Lead Engagement Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Lead Engagement Manager Insights
“The people here are really top notch and everyone makes an effort to help you learn.”
“Recombinators has been the greatest decision i've made for my career and own personal growth.”
“UUSA's mission really draws the best and brightest and my colleagues are such an amazing group to work with.”
“This will provide you with good opportunities in the future and shape your career in the right direction.”
“I've been given the opportunity to learn and grow and mould my career into something I love.”
“Technology equipments not the best; Remote working sometimes can feel quite isolated; Career development option limited.”
“Salaire pas toujours en phase avec les talents les plus performants (top 5%).”
“The best way to get your career started.It is an excellent opportunity to begin your career.”
Lead Engagement Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Lead Engagement Manager
- Client Relationship Manager
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Technical Project Manager
- Program Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Lead Engagement Manager include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.