What does a Service Coordinator Leader do?
As a Service Coordinator, you will work with clients to provide quality service and to ensure clients get the services they need. There is a heavy customer service basis, as the Service Coordinator is often the initial contact, so having good people skills is a must. You will also need to build strong relationships with our partners and service providers to ensure clients receive the best care possible.
A high school diploma is required for this position, but a post-secondary degree is preferred. A service coordinator needs to have good communication and problem-solving skills. Building partnerships and good relationships with service providers and clients is a must to be successful in this role.
- Assess the service needs of clients and connect them with the correct provider
- Create and maintain a directory of service providers and resources
- Create and maintain a database of clients and client needs
- Assess client issues and provide recommendations to fix problems
- Ensure each client is given the necessary services and follow up to fill ongoing service needs
- Maintain good relationships with service providers and clients to keep customer base
- Expand the list of resources and providers to assure there are no gaps in services
- Answer telephones and respond to email inquiries in the office
- 1-3 years of industry experience or a related customer service experience required
- Previous administrative experience preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- High quality organizational skills
- The ability to work well under deadlines and to multitask
- The ability to build relationships and coalitions within the community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
How much does a Lead Service Coordinator make?
Service Coordinator Leader Career Path
Learn how to become a Service Coordinator Leader, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Service Coordinator Leader Insights
“I loved working with the families and I had an amazing team and a great boss.”
“You have multiple facets to this job but the compensation for what you do is low.”
“Amazing career opportunities (I have worked my way up from an entry level with a temp.”
“Friendly work environment voted one of the best places to work in Orange County 2021.”
“The pay really is good but we've only gotten about a 50 cent raise in over two years.”
“The team is just the best group of people you could ever hope to work with.”
“There is no HR you can go to because the boss and the head of HR are best buds and nothing ever changes.”
“Everyone is really nice and friendly to work with”
Service Coordinator Leader Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Service Coordinator Leader
- Executive Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
- Office Manager