What does a Life Enrichment Coordinator do?
Academic counselors assist college students with a broad range of academic matters. They help students select courses and ensure chosen classes conform with the recommended academic plan for the student’s major so the student will meet graduation requirements. In addition, academic counselors suggest educational options that support a student’s intended professional goals. Counselors often also provide tools or resources to help with challenges students may have that impact their ability to perform well academically.
Academic counselors typically have at least a bachelor’s degree, although some institutions require candidates for these positions to have a master’s degree. A background in higher education or advising is beneficial, and many academic counselors also have professional expertise that allow them to specialize in advising students in a particular area or discipline.
- Assess academic and career needs of students.
- Responsible for the maintenance of information on the advising website.
- Interact in a positive manner with staff, students and parents.
- Organize information session, collect advisor bios, oversee student adviser selection process, and register students for sections.
- Develop and implement an ongoing procedure and analysis for curriculum review, development, and/or revision as well as provide information needed for strategic planning.
- Ensure college compliance with all accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or computer science.
- Well-versed in FAFSA processes and regulations.
- Exhibit strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
How much does a Life Enrichment Coordinator make?
Life Enrichment Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Life Enrichment Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Life Enrichment Coordinator Insights
“You get to work with students and see them grow and help them achieve great things”
“I enjoyed my time working here as everyone on the team made work enjoyable and very pleasant.”
“Day by day i am enhancing my skills and my seniors support is really very helpful.”
“Amazing onboarding process and continuous training ensuring each advisor is prepared for any question which comes their way.”
“The salary was good for a fresher and you get an experience of working in a startup.”
“Pay is not the best considering the hours you have to work and the responsibilities.”
“You get to meet good people and will always have a chance to go back if you want to.”
“Gives opportunities for personal development and the creation of a platform for acquiring new friends.”
Life Enrichment Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Life Enrichment Coordinator
- Clinical Research Specialist