What does a Logistics Analyst do?
A logistics analyst is responsible for overseeing the entire life cycle of a product, including purchase, distribution, internal allotment, release and final clearance of resources. A logistics analyst helps their employers enhance performance by determining and reducing inefficiencies that might consume profits. Essentially logistic analyst help streamline operations and identify the best way to use the company's resources to achieve its goals. Logistic analysts usually work in a variety of industries within the logistics department.
Most logistic analyst have a Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business Analytics or a related field with 5 years of proven experience. Successful logistic analysts are deeply analytic with strong quantitative skills. Deep knowledge of logistics and production planning concepts is required along with excellent communication skills and an analytical mind with business acumen.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route planning)
- Oversee inventory procedures
- Develop requirements and standards (e.g. packaging, procurement, delivery)
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Help foster trusting relationships with vendors and team members
- Evaluate vendor operations (e.g. freight forwarders) according to quality standards
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain performance
- Proficiency in computer databases, statistic applications and logistics programs
- 5 years of experience in the logistics industry or related industry
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases and ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g.inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Strong analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
How much does a Logistics Analyst make?
Logistics Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become a Logistics Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Logistics Analyst Insights
“Not the best pay but what else would you expect from a top notch retailer.”
“It was a great opportunity to work with Mercy Corps into the Humanitarian Crisis in Greece.”
“Good and competitive pay package.”
“There is alot of room for advancement amd will set you up to grow in your career”
“work and life balance is good”
“Summer Job and pay is great”
“Education in industry and TMS is top notch”
“Salary is not the best if you are not an expert in a subject.”
Logistics Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Logistics Analyst
- Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Logistics Associate