What does a Marketing Manager do?
A marketing manager is responsible for building and maintaining a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels. They track and analyze the performance of advertising campaigns, manage the marketing and ensure that all marketing is in line with the brand identity. Marketing managers can work in a variety of industries.
A Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Communications is required for a position as a marketing manager along with 5+ years of related experience. Successful marketing managers have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and are able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects.
- Create valuable and appealing content that attracts and converts our target groups
- Prepare and observe the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
- Develop strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
- Organize conferences, trade shows, and major events
- Build brand awareness and positioning
- Recognize deficiencies in existing marketing campaigns and develop practical solutions within the budget
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics, as well as to brainstorm fresh strategies
- Develop a social media strategy using all relevant platforms to reach our target audience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Proficiency in online marketing, including social media, and content marketing
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
- Experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Deep understanding of public relations
- Ability to quickly adapt to change
- Proficiency in working with metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
How much does a Marketing Manager make near United States?
Marketing Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Marketing Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Marketing Manager Insights
“Pay is good but super stressful Wonder everyday if you’re going to get a “visit” that will end your career”
“I have enjoyed my time with Picket and excited about all the growth opportunities in the future.”
“I work with a great team who care about the work they do and care about our Customers.”
“Exciting and rewarding career path”
“It’s really good and good pay”
“Pretty much everyone is great and a pleasure to work with.”
“I never really felt they had a good market strategy thru Covid or how to navigate thru our low unemployment rate.”
“Stability and gradual progression toward next career step.”
Marketing Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Marketing Manager
- Market Researcher
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Market Analyst
- Marketing Manager