What does a Package Handler IV do?
A package handler is responsible for loading and unloading packages within a warehouse or from delivery vehicles. This position requires the moving, lifting, pushing, pulling, scanning and placing of packages, boxes and other freight goods safely and efficiently following the company's policies and guidelines. Career advancements include supervisory and managerial roles with a potential need for a bachelor's degree being obtained.
Although there is no educational requirement to be a package handler, good oral and written communication skills are a must with a high school diploma preferred. To meet maximum efficiency, the ideal candidate will be self-driven and motivated in providing high performance while adhering to company standards. Due to the nature of the work, there is a physical demand to lift and move heavy weights.
- Load and unload packages from delivery vehicles
- Lift and move heavy weights between destinations
- Carry out work in accordance with company policies and guidelines
- Sort cargo according to instructions provided as required
- Work quickly and efficiently while adhering to safety standards
- Process workload with minimal supervision
- Ensure packages are not damaged throughout the process
- Communicate effectively with relevant personnel to carry out tasks
- Proven experience as a package handler is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Hardworking and diligent to produce results
- Self-driven and motivated
- Diligent in following instructions clearly
- Able to work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
- Physical ability to lift heavy weights of up to 100lbs
- Able to work flexible hours including night shifts as required
- Able to stand and walk around for long hours at a time
How much does a Package Handler Iv make near United States?
There are no current reports for Package Handler Iv salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Package Handler IV Career Path
Learn how to become a Package Handler IV, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Package Handler IV Insights
“Good pay good job really recommend it especially if you have no kids and want to dedicate yourself to working”
“FedEx was not prepared and didn't do much to address safety issues that were present every single day.”
“During peak season the work schedule is intense but the bonuses and overtime make for really good checks.”
“The pay was great at 15. 50 an hour and over 25 hrs got overtime pay.”
“Well to the best of my knowledge the company is well organized and the pay is fair...”
“But what i mean is the expectation is speed over your body and personal injury.”
“not that many cons if you need a job as part time great way to make some extra cash”
“pay isn't great at 1st but once you work 2 years you will get top rate 27$/hr”
Package Handler IV Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Package Handler IV
- Material Handler
- Forklift Operator
- Warehouse Worker