What does a Senior Baker do?
A Baker works in a bakery assisting management with the production of Baked Goods. These can include Breads, Cakes, Pastries, Bagels and many other things. Bakers are in charge of completing recipes exactingly to achieve a consistent product. Oftentimes Bakers work in commercial kitchens which have large equipment such as Industrial mixers, folders and ovens.
While a culinary degree is preferred for high-end patisseries, oftentimes a commercial bakery will provide on-the-job training. Baking is often referred to as science rather than an art. Therefore, the ability to follow verbal and written instructions is key to excelling in this field. A familiarity with weights and measurement, both metric and imperial, is highly recommended.
- Attend daily production meetings
- Clean and prep all baking materials for the specific job
- Assemble all dry and wet goods for production
- Work alone or with a team to execute recipe
- Utilize industrial equipment to facilitate efficient production
- Handle all hot or dangerous items with care
- Ensure all baked goods are stored and packaged properly
- Adorn all Health, Sanitation and safety clothing
- 3+ years experience in a relevant field
- Firm understanding of the Metric and Imperial systems of measurements
- Can follow detailed written or verbal instructions precisely
- Mindset to work safely around hot or dangerous items
- Content with adhering to all Health and Safety dress-codes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of standing for a 10 hour shift
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Willingness to submit to a drug screen
How much does a Senior Baker make?
Senior Baker Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Baker, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Baker Insights
“Each task is really easy to learn and everyone who works there is really nice.”
“Definitely high risk to apply here if you have bills and responsibilities which most of us do.”
“The work here was so fun for me and the co workers were all so nice to work with.”
“Some of the best reasons to work there is the flexibility and also the great people you get to work with.”
“Managers were nice and I enjoyed my day to day tasks”
“People are nice and good”
“Good pay and canteen is good”
“Free Bread and fun work and creative”
Senior Baker Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Baker
- Deli Clerk
- Executive Chef
- Sous Chef