What does a Senior Branch Manager do?
A Branch Manager can be found heading up one location of a company's chain of businesses. Branches are businesses that operate under the supervision of the central entity. Branch Managers are in charge of the operations and business growth of the branch assigned to them. An example of a Branch Manager would be someone who manages one location in a network for a large bank. They oversee the productivity of employees and influence positive business growth.
There is no specific education needed to hold a Branch Manager position. However, a majority of employers will require a bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field. Advanced degrees such as a Masters or Doctorate are preferred to hold senior or high profile positions. Being that a Branch Manager is responsible for driving business, sourcing, training and overseeing staff, having a well-rounded background in Business Management and Accounting is a big plus.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the business such as Accounting, HR, Sales and Operations
- Review trade area and identify new market opportunities
- Keep in line with company growth strategy
- Meet or exceed company profit goals
- Manage accounting and budget information
- Participate in district training calls with other branches
- Source, train, coach and develop staff
- Address customer issues and concerns promptly
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, management or similar (preferred)
- Advanced degree (preferred)
- 5+ years in a management role
- Proven track record of good performance
- Firm grasp of modern management skills and tactics
- Understanding of industry laws and regulations
- A drive to reach sales and service goals
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Experience with managing human resources
How much does a Senior Branch Manager make near United States?
Senior Branch Manager Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Branch Manager, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Branch Manager Insights
“Great training and coaching Really clear career path Support structure is good Five day week Company car”
“Wage is good but when you see the worth you bring in it ain’t great.”
“Not really any cons apart from lone working but that is to be expected and is mentioned before interview.”
“I enjoyed the people I worked with as they were highly skilled and motivated to support the missions we were tasked with.”
“4 years in and 5 promotions along Enterprise have provided a career and endless opportunities.”
“A lot of options for career growth and sideways opportunities; there is something for everybody.”
“Management is terrible and each branch is run as if it was an independant store.”
“Overall a fabulous place to work and one where you can really develop a successful career path.”
Senior Branch Manager Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Branch Manager
- Shift Manager
- General Manager
- Sales Representative
Get anonymous career insight from your peers
Anonymously discuss career and development by joining our professional communities
Feel free to post any interview questions you might be asked and I’ll help you compose an effective response :)
A place to share advice, questions, vent and discuss how to change careers and pivot in to and out of jobs.
A community to ask questions and seek advice on negotiating your salary, compensation, etc.