What does a Senior HR Associate do?
HR associates perform a variety of human resources tasks, often focusing on recruitment, hiring, and benefits. They play an active role in the onboarding of new employees, reviewing benefits and other programs, explaining policies, and ensuring all necessary enrollment paperwork is completed properly. They may also be responsible for ensuring compliance with any applicable regulations related to retirement accounts, healthcare plans, and other benefit programs. They may also be involved in recruitment initiatives and training programs.
HR associates typically have a bachelor’s degree in an HR or business field, and have experience working in an HR role or related positions. Familiarity with labor laws, OSHA regulations, and other legal mandates is an advantage. These roles require excellent communication skills and proficiency using common office software programs.
- Act as a liaison between new hires and their leaders.
- Provide training to new hires and current employees with time card procedures.
- Support employees with expense reports and per diem requests.
- Work closely with clinical staff to ensure timely submissions.
- Determine and track time reporting (leave, overtime, holiday, callout work, etc.).
- Compile, verify, and enter timecard data into the payroll system.
- Create, monitor and report metrics on all programs to measure productivity.
- Partner with business stakeholders to design, develop, and evaluate training and other learning resources.
- Develop, implement and manage front to end onboarding, recruiting and training program solutions for assigned positions and business groups.
- Monitor emerging new hire needs and develop proactive, innovative solutions.
- Effectively communicate with team members on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for all insurance verification, pre-certifications and authorization tracking when required by insurances.
- Initiate data change requests and ensures system accuracy of HR transactions including new hires, terminations, job changes, salary modifications and other job-related requests. prepares offer letters, compensation proposals, and open job requisitions.
- Assist with the hiring selection of incoming management trainee class and manage/coordinate candidate interviews with both HR and line managers.
- Perform data analysis and create PowerPoint presentations, as needed for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare reporting, and analysis as required, for annual talent review, salary exercise, Affirmative Action Plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration, human resources, engineering or information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience as a consultant.
- Experience with GE Centricity.
- A confident, natural leader and problem solver with demonstrated critical thinking and collaboration skills.
- Fluency in processes including work with billing systems and processing onboarding and terminations.
- Comfortable making decisions and multitasking.
- Demonstrated product knowledge and dedication to operational excellence.
- Solid work ethic and confidence on the job.
- Will pay strict attention to detail.
How much does a Senior HR Associate make?
Senior HR Associate Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior HR Associate, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior HR Associate Insights
“My work/life balance is respected and I am challenged so I can excel in my career.”
“It was splendid learning and working with team which helps in growing my career a lot.”
“Its was nice place to work i work there for short time but gained lot of knowledge”
“Not a lot of opportunities to progress in your career if you're not an economist.”
“I felt there was no room for progression within my current role or opportunity for development.”
“Top notch and robust.”
“they provided learning and development tools and encouraged us to learn new tools to excel at our jobs.”
“Its been just few months working here and already started to feel like my second home.”
Senior HR Associate Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior HR Associate
- HR Manager
- HR Consultant
- HR Generalist
- Hr Business Partner
The most common qualifications to become a Senior HR Associate include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.