What does a Senior Logistics Coordinator do?
A logistics coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically with regard to customer satisfaction. As a logistic coordinator, customer satisfaction is a priority as this is how business remains successful. Additionally, a logistic coordinator is well-versed in supply management principles and practices. Responding immediately to customer questions and complaints and notifying them of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to this position. Logistics coordinators usually work in a variety of industries within the logistics department.
A Bachelor's degree is preferred for logistics coordinators positions, however, a high school diploma with 5+ years' experience in customer service or logistics management a must. Successful logistics coordinators possess excellent communication and problem solving skills and are able to work with little supervision.
- Manage orders and arrange stocking of materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
- Plan and track shipment of final products according to customer requirements
- Communicate with suppliers, retailers and customers to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction
- Maintain logs and records of warehouse stock and executed orders
- Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck driver's) according to availabilities and requirements
- Prepare accurate reports for upper management
- Arrange same-day deliveries whenever possible
- Prepare accurate invoices
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics or Business Analytics (preferred)
- 5+ years' experience in customer service or logistics management
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (ERP)
- Previous customer service experience
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen on working in a fast-paced environment
How much does a Senior Logistics Coordinator make?
Senior Logistics Coordinator Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Logistics Coordinator, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Logistics Coordinator Insights
“Well known customs broker in the industry and good place to start a career in logistics”
“You can't find the career path and the value of working for this company.”
“I was not good enough for pay raise or for any other job I have applied for!”
“Lots of on the job training which is great when you are new to the industry.”
“Management was not the best but it was due to them not fully understanding the needs of the students.”
“Good entry level job for a recent graduate with good pay right out of college.”
“If you are looking for real obtainable career growth Curo is a great company to get started with.”
“Good location in Philly near some happy hour spots which is good since you’ll want to drink every night after working here.”
Senior Logistics Coordinator Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Logistics Coordinator
When working as a Senior Logistics Coordinator, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Security Clearance, Powerpoint, Effective Communication, Indesign, and Spreadsheets.
- Logistics Manager
- Transportation Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Logistics Associate
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Logistics Coordinator include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.