What does a consultant senior en management do?
Management consultants are responsible for helping organizations solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve business performance. They are deeply skilled in business and provide objective advice and expertise and help an organization develop any specialist skills that it may be lacking. Management consultants understand situational interpretations and analyze data to identify and understand challenges. Management consultants can work in a variety of industries including banking, healthcare or engineering.
A Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field with 5 years of experience within the field is needed for management consultants. Successful management consultants possess excellent time management and strong interpersonal skills.
- Develop research and data collection to understand the organizations conduct analysis
- Interview the clients employees, management team and other stakeholders
- Identify and negotiate schedules, milestones, and resources required to meet project objectives
- Implement recommendations or solutions and ensure the client receives the necessary assistance to carry it all out
- Lead and manage those within the team, including analysts
- Manage projects and programs
- Conduct focus groups and facilitate workshops
- Effectively prepare business proposals and presentations
- Additional qualifications or certifications a plus
- 6+ years experience as a Management Consultant or another relevant role
- Familiarity with common business software, project management programs and IT systems
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Effectively deliver projects on-time, on-budget within the scope that meets or exceeds stakeholder expectations
- Demonstrated experience in project management of extensive multi-phase projects
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of business management best practices
- Aptitude for analytical and creative thinking
How much does a consultant senior en management make?
consultant senior en management Career Path
Learn how to become a consultant senior en management, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
consultant senior en management Insights
“Both genuinely wanted to get to know me and ensure that things are going great so far.”
“I love that I have the ability to work on many different projects that keep me engaged and interested.”
“There is additional training for all levels and CPD opportunities are varied and relevant to your role and career progression.”
“Opportunity to work with amazing people and serve some of the most reputable clients in the world.”
“Very operational (read: grindy) work with no mentoring or concern for career development.”
“Crappy work life balance if you are not actively trying to have a life outside of work.”
“You will get the opportunity to introduced to some of the best practices in the Talent Consulting .”
“Salary hikes only when you have offer from other organisation else dont expect any hike.”
consultant senior en management Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a consultant senior en management
When working as a consultant senior en management, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are Consulting Experience, Leadership, Agile Scrum, Problem Solving Ability, and Critical Thinking.
- Product Consultant
- Technical Project Manager
- Program Manager
The most common qualifications to become a consultant senior en management include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.