What does a Senior Sales Development Representative do?
As a sales development representative, your work focuses on outbound sales strategy. You confidently share product or service information with outside prospects. Sales development representatives need to be highly organized. You'll spend a lot of time making phones calls and preparing lists. Lead generation is your main responsibility, moving leads through a sales pipeline. A sales development representative identifies challenges and provides practical solutions to prospects. You provide positive insights as a product knowledge specialist.
You work for a diverse range of people and industries. Your main function is to be a driven problem solver, identifying potential clients. Building relationships with prospects will be the central part of your job. You must have impeccable communication skills, as well as being focused on lead generation and strategic outreach. It is likely that a company will require you to have some college education and experience in the communication or lead generation fields.
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation methods
- Anticipate needs by studying services and conducting market research to identify new leads
- Support senior sales teams and sales representatives on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Attend product training conferences and develop an understanding of our communication infrastructure
- Monitor and attend meetings with prospects while handling the introductions and follow-up with the sales representatives
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings
- Collaborate with sales teams by bringing innovative lead generation ideas to each weekly meeting
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral, with extensive public speaking experience
- Must be able to travel within the United States on a monthly basis while maintaining professional decorum
- Working knowledge of the enterprise software market or the ability to learn new software quickly
- Demonstrated ability to work solo as well as being a productive team member, making outbound calls every day
- Have a strong work ethic and are eager to learn and make new connections with prospects
- Have experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications while keeping track of dead-end leads
- Must be an excellent problem-solver and willing to collaborate in an exceedingly competitive environment
- You love closing deals using complex market research and focusing on continued learning and improvement
- Thorough understanding of commercial awareness and brand recognition to successfully establish rapport with prospects
How much does a Senior Sales Development Representative make?
Senior Sales Development Representative Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Sales Development Representative, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Sales Development Representative Insights
“I have not spoken to one person throughout my first 2 months that hasn't been extremely welcoming and friendly.”
“Growing pains but not really a con because they are fully transparent about it and really amazing and understanding”
“It was a good learning experience I was able to learn a lot and gain experience in”
“ServiceTitan loves to say that theyre a great sales training ground but the actual training we received was terrible.”
“The monthly bonus is amazing and I have never had any issues with receiving it.”
“There are definitely some great people to work with and I really enjoyed the camaraderie.”
“Happeo is an amazing place to work and is very welcoming to people from different backgrounds.”
“There is great work life balance and you have freedom to be creative and your full self.”
Senior Sales Development Representative Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Sales Development Representative
- Sales Representative
- Inside Sales Representative
- Sales Manager
- Account Manager