What does a Senior Staff Verification Engineer do?
Verification engineers build and implement systems designed to test products, programs, and other tools to determine if they function properly as intended. They establish and implement verification and testing standards and policies. They create software programs and algorithms to run testing procedures and operations. They produce drawings, workflows, and design specifications. They perform testing, debugging, and troubleshooting. They often create technical manuals and other materials, and produce and maintain detailed documentation related to verification activities and outcomes.
Verification engineers have at least a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or technical field, although many roles require an advanced degree. Experience with verification interfaces and programs is expected. Proficiency with programming tools and languages is helpful. These roles require careful attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Experience with SOC DDR verification for a full product cycle from definition to silicon, including writing SOC level test plans, develop tests, debugging failures and coverage signoff.
- Perform verification activities (simulation) to satisfy company objectives.
- Run tests, debug failures to root cause, and recommend fixes.
- Engage with partners to drive continuous improvement to both the design, to verification plans/collateral, and to methodology to prevent, reduce, and/or find bugs sooner, more easily, or more reliably.
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and mentorship to other engineers in your areas of expertise.
- This person will be in a cross disciplinary team environment and will need to be able to thrive on tackling challenges, as the position requires the use of problem solving skills in a hands-on work environment to address problems and implement appropriate design or process changes.
- Participate in customer and certification authority audits to ensure adherence to customer requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Implement an automated process to generate and compile native and third-party test code.
- Develop regression strategy to execute test code as needed for design releases and compliance requirements.
- Define and implement functional coverage and drive coverage closure.
- Estimate resource needs and mapping tasks to team members.
- Become an expert on the overall debug architecture, understand customer use models, and understand interactions with other parts of the SOC, with the platform, and with software.
- Replicate functional issues found in external environments or post-silicon. review/enhance tests to verify bug fixes.
- Identify and close technical and project management related items.
- The individual will also have technical foresight to integrate the appropriate requirements, processes, procedures and tools as this development program will lead to the future generation of navigation, video and cockpit products.
- Drive product security awareness and methodology across the team.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer engineering computer science or electrical engineering.
- Experience with FPGA Design, LLVM, HLS, DDR Memory, and MATLAB software and systems.
- Experience with ASIC Verification, ASIC Design, GPUS, C#, SOC, and PERL software and systems.
- Working knowledge of System Verilog, Verilog, C, FPGA, and Python.
- Fluent in writing protocols, compiling, Hardware verification, and firmware.
- Comfortable with emulation, regression testing, and algorithm design.
How much does a Senior Staff Verification Engineer make?
Senior Staff Verification Engineer Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Staff Verification Engineer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Staff Verification Engineer Insights
“Amazing mentorship and truly interesting projects that make going to work in the morning something I actually look forward to.”
“Very good opportunity for learning and one of the best place to start semiconductor career.”
“Base pay is lower than what I was paid in the past but bonus and stock is better.”
“I'm working in mirafra last 3.5 years .it is good to start your career.”
“I am not sure if management trusts me or they simply doesn't care what I am doing.”
“I was given meaningful projects and my supervisor helped me with every question I had.”
“Get to meet a lot of people that is important to start a good career”
“Very good clients are vailable here”
Senior Staff Verification Engineer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Staff Verification Engineer
- Asic Design Engineer
- Digital Design Engineer
- IC Design Engineer
- Design Verification Engineer
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Staff Verification Engineer include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.