What does a Senior Systems Analyst do?
Systems analysts implement, maintain, and support IT and informations systems to meet the business needs of organizations and scale as organizations grow. They analyze and create tests, and develop specifications and requirements for developers and programmers to follow. They usually are not involved directly in software or hardware development.
Most systems analysts will be required to have a Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science, information technology, engineering, or information systems. Systems analysts oftentimes advance into project management roles. The best systems analysts have excellent analytical skills and are creative problem solvers.
- Deploy, maintain, and troubleshoot core business applications, including application servers, associated hardware, endpoints, and databases
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow
- Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements
- Manage the set-up and configuration of systems
- Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience working with information technologies and systems analysis
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database maintenance and administration
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Excellent analytical skills
How much does a Senior Systems Analyst make?
Senior Systems Analyst Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Systems Analyst, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Systems Analyst Insights
“The main thing i feel is we get time for our personal thing to do and provides good work life balance”
“And the best part is we get a very good salary which we receive on time.”
“This is my first job and I think Capgemini is giving me a great opportunity to start my career.”
“We get to work with some really dynamic and talented guys and learn how to do business.”
“A good place to begin your career as a fresher an dyou get to know and learn many aspects.”
“You got to meet with amazing people who are really good at what they are doing.”
“If you get any of those two ratings you are not eligible for salary increases.”
“They charge very high cost to vendors(consider 2x of your salary) but at end you get nothing.”
Senior Systems Analyst Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Systems Analyst
When working as a Senior Systems Analyst, the most common skills you will need to perform your job and for career success are System Configuration, Systems Programming, Agile Methodologies, SQL Server, and VERBAL Communication.
- It Consultant
- Information Technology Specialist
- Information Technology Manager
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Systems Analyst include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.