What does a Senior Web Designer do?
Web designers create a website's appearance, layout, and its features and are experts on how to create web pages that a client’s target market will relate to. They use graphic design and computer programming during their projects, and they cover all aspects when creating a website, including look, feel, or theme.
Web designers meet with a client to assess their needs and consult with them to plan how to best create the project and maintain the finished product. They help clients select a website's appropriate colors, fonts, layout and suggest relevant images and esthetics. They write and edit website content, and design web page layouts. They determine the website's technical requirements, and will update the site as needed. They also create backup files for the site and are called upon to solve any coding problems that may come up. Web designers also test and improve the website's design and its elements and will establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices. Web designers have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer graphics, web design, or related fields, and need proficiency in programming skills and HTML, CSS, and software including Adobe Suite.
- Consult and execute along technical, analytical, and tactical dimensions among complex and rapidly changing business needs as prerequisite.
- Confident in working, consulting and liaising directly with clients and internally to develop and support on scoping, requirements gather, estimating and proposals.
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare course descriptions, outlines, and other material related to course.
- Create wireframes, rapid prototype, user interfaces, and comp designs.
- Ensure websites display and function correctly across multiple browsers and operating systems.
- Create graphic products using Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other emerging applications to perform image and photograph retouching.
- Collaborate with web development teams to enhance recommended customer products.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfortable using collaboration to create mockups.
- Experienced with responsive design.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Able to walk clients and customers through the process and assist with user flow questions and issues.
How much does a Senior Web Designer make near United States?
Senior Web Designer Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Web Designer, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Senior Web Designer Insights
“Good working techniques and experience Seniors..Management is all good I am satisfied working in Sourcecube Technologies”
“Good for learning if you are fresher than this is the best opportunity to start your career”
“This is great for people who enjoy reading and have an understanding of English writing.”
“I have just started with Batesville and so far everyone on my team is awesome to work with.”
“I got the amazing opportunity to learn so much and to apply what I learned in my work.”
“Flexible schedule allowed me to work from home regularly and at hours that worked best for me.”
“It is a great company to work for and it provides the best environment to do the Work.”
“It provides a good platform for career growth where talent and hard work are recognized and appreciated.”
Senior Web Designer Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Web Designer
- Visual Designer
- Art Director
- Graphic Designer
- Production Artist
The most common qualifications to become a Senior Web Designer include a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an average of 0 - 1 years of experience not including years spent in education and/or training.