What does a Senior Principal Solutions Consultant do?
Solutions consultants lead testing to ensure implemented solutions perform as designed and lead the hands-on building of solutions using appropriate systems and software. They drive and innovate business solutions and digital transformations and consult with customers and prospects to understand their business needs and pain points. Solutions consultants qualify customer needs and identify opportunities to deliver business outcomes and develop innovative solutions in collaboration with a direct field, product, industry-focused, and digital service design teams in a pre-sales environment.
Solutions consultants develop and enhance application prototypes and directly demonstrate to clients about how solutions work and what they provide through architectural or technical workshops that train them on the solutions. They serve as subject matter experts on their relevant systems and software, and elevate issues outside of their scope to upper management and supervisors and document and present technical solutions that align with their client’s business problems.
- Act as an escalation point for any customer-related issues.
- Help sales team with discovery phase of the sales process.
- Use systems to track, report and manage sales results and pipeline.
- Provide information and ongoing feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
- Collaborate with sales, product, engineering, and operations teams to ensure knowledge share.
- Responsible for driving the team to meet individual and team scorecard targets and staff development plans.
- Provide feedback to product management on customer product feedback.
- May be responsible for own book of business where identified.
- Work on critical assignments that require the highest impact on the selling process.
- Manage solution consultant and demo support engineers on special projects.
- Act as the sales expert in complex needs assessment and becomes an extension of the sales team calling regularly on top client and prospects.
- Research and develop core product differentiators, positioning and competitive analysis.
- Support account growth and new business development.
- Refine requirements documents and gain sign-off based on feedback from the customer and internal engineering reviews.
- Work closely with leadership to create a positive working relationship and effective cohesive results.
- Participate across the sales life cycle on acquiring strategic customers.
- Ensure a thorough handover of the customer to the team responsible for onboarding and implementation.
- Develop initiatives required to achieve established revenue / product targets.
- Triage and resolve issues identified in the testing effort.
- Take a consultative approach and put customer needs first.
- Develop and maintain a recruiting pipeline of potential SC candidates to meet future business demands.
- Assign resources as required to marketing and other efforts to support demand generation.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Experience with SQL, APIs, FHIR, C, SaaS, and Restful API software and systems.
- Familiar with business case development, object oriented programming, and deep learning.
- Comfortable debugging and onboarding.
- Is a leader and collaborator.
- A natural problem solver.
How much does a Senior Principal Solutions Consultant make?
Senior Principal Solutions Consultant Career Path
Learn how to become a Senior Principal Solutions Consultant, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Senior Principal Solutions Consultant Insights
“Great focus on SC enablement at that time I was there and a fun product to work with”
“Learning @IBM is the best to work and Learning opportunity only IBM is able to provide.”
“It's an awesome place to work and to improve your career since it's growing at a fast pace.”
“Planafin offers a great opportunity to grow our career and to learn a lot of things.”
“On our way to being the next Salesforce or Oracle but with better work life balance”
“Only had one slightly iffy boss in 12 years here; the others have all been great.”
“Good pay (base + really good commission once you get the hang of it.”
“There's no career progression and they keep promising but not materializing what they saying so a bunch of people left.”
Senior Principal Solutions Consultant Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Senior Principal Solutions Consultant
- Business Consultant
- Implementation Consultant
- Management Consultant