What does a Statistical Analyst Intern do?
Statistical analysts select, organize, assess, and present data relevant to their employer and use their analysis to help decision-makers with business strategy and make personnel decisions. When processing and collecting data, they set parameters for what is needed and the method of data collection, and the target number of participants. They sometimes manage lower-level employees who assist with data collection. When data is organized and cleaned, statistical analysts use software to perform the analysis process where they learn and make sense of the data.
Statistical analysts present their findings to decision-makers and stakeholders to explain the significance of the results in layman's terms, which involves creating statistical reports and data visualizations used during presentations to the decision-makers and stakeholders. Statistical analysts turn to mathematics and probability to understand the trends and patterns of a study and use numbers and probability to predict how to do things more efficiently. Statistical analysts need a bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, or related fields.
- Reports and other business/operational processes as required for position.
- Contribute to the creation, maintenance, and validation of programming tools and macros.
- Coach and advise junior programmers to identify problems and solutions.
- Support other departments, such as billing, when volume or needs dictate.
- Provide technical planning to include overseeing the set-up of key macros and SAS programs.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop quality reports, publications and regulatory submissions.
- Provide input into assessments of resource requirements on regular basis.
- Contribute to the development of standard operating procedures for statistical programming.
- Supervise and manage CROs to ensure quality performance and meeting of timelines.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Ensure consistency and adherence to standards within the project.
- Program data cleaning checks, as necessary, to assist Data Management's data cleaning activities.
- Review requests, resources, and long-range plans for data analysis and database services.
- Lead and oversee customers trial activities including oversight of other teams' deliverables.
- Maintain and manage a project plan including resource forecasting.
- Research new technologies and techniques to improve efficiency of programming outputs.
- Participate in statistical program validation and QC activities.
- Identify leads and support opportunities to enhance processes and technology.
- Communicate with manager regarding promotions, performance concerns, and retention risks.
- Generate tables, listings, and figures per protocol, statistical analysis plan, and/or approved client request.
- Responsible for implementing and maintain, the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Develop new processes and ensure all process improvements are implemented.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business, electrical engineering, bio technology, mathematics or computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with SQL, R Language, SAS, Python, UNIX, Linux, and SQL SAS software and systems.
- Comfortable working with statistics and datasets.
- Able to collaborate with others to create information for report writing and dissemination.
- Familiar with debugging, spreadsheets and nonmem protocols.
How much does a Statistical Analyst Intern make?
Statistical Analyst Intern Career Path
Learn how to become a Statistical Analyst Intern, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Statistical Analyst Intern Insights
“Good med and dental benefit”
“i was working in SPA team and i never had a better team to work with.”
“The job is temporary but good pay”
“nice place to work and client dedicated”
“Good pay and fun job”
“Super helpful and willing to teach if you don't know something.”
“no direct path to advance your career to be a faculty if you are a PHD.”
“The pay was good and they reimbursed for mileage.”
Statistical Analyst Intern Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Statistical Analyst Intern
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Analytics Consultant
- Sas Analyst