What does an Architecte systèmes do?
Systems architects design, configure, operate and perform maintenance on the networking and computer systems that allow company infrastructures to function. They design and implement short and long-term strategic goals for management and maintenance of systems and software and lend their expertise and architectural assistance to other IT personnel including software teams, systems analysts, and engineers. Systems architects create and monitor the implementation of end-to-end integrated systems and review new and existing system designs to make recommendations for altering or improving the systems, and negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts.
Systems architects consult with department heads and end-users to further infrastructure development and develop and execute test plans to check the technical performance of infrastructure and report findings and recommendations for improvement. They also develop policies for standardizing systems and manage IT staffing. Systems architects need a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or information systems or related fields and eight to 10 years of related work experience.
- In addition, engage with industry and standards bodies to shape the development of components and software for future control systems.
- Collaborate with domain architects and other system architects to define a solution.
- Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form.
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address complex technical problems.
- Contribute to the development of new principles and theories.
- Ensure requirements are met and evaluate performance with customer.
- Provide technical program management and/or as a system development lead.
- Lead a team to technical consensus on trade studies and performance analysis.
- Coordinate the support for software patching and compliance on end user devices.
- Create and maintain the local IDF standard for all sites.
- Evaluate existing systems and/or user needs to analyze, design, recommend, and implement information system changes.
- Coordinate designs of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Collaborate to deliver architectural coherence and support performance, safety, modularity, redundancy, quality tradeoff analysis of the autonomy system.
- Work side by side with business leaders to solve complex client challenges.
- Perform code reviews to ensure implementation aligns with architecture.
- Perform multiple roles as needed during the course of the project.
- Participate in the evaluation and introduction of new technologies.
- Responsible for the write up of the technical portion of proposals.
- Support and guide integration architecture governance team and practices in accordance with business and IT strategies.
- Mentor and work with domain-related architects, developers, and testers throughout projects.
- Coordinate the prioritization of engineering analysis to mitigate technical and program risks.
- Ensure alignment of solutions with business and IT goals / objectives.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in information systems, computer science, engineering or information technology, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with cloud software and systems.
- Demonstrable capability with system architecture, business process analysis, computing, and middleware.
- Has leadership and problem-solving skills alongside a collaborative and critical thinking mindset.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning and restful web services.
- Prior experience in a consulting capacity.
- Experience with cloud software and systems.
How much does an Architecte systèmes make?
Architecte systèmes Career Path
Learn how to become an Architecte systèmes, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Architecte systèmes Insights
“+ Enables rapid learning and good career opportunity since working in a modern way in the automotive industry.”
“Revature is a great place to learn new technologies but it is definitely not for everyone.”
“Working on foreign funded project as specialist or consultant with a team is one of the best employment experience.”
“not bad salary but not good”
“Good work and life balance”
“Wok life balance is not so good.”
“Salaries are lower than industry average and people are being let go.”
“Salary and stock options are good.”
Architecte systèmes Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of an Architecte systèmes
- Enterprise Architect
- Infrastructure Architect
- Software Architect
- Project Architect