What does a Staff Senior Tax Professional do?
Tax professionals provide advice and support related to the payment and reporting of taxes, and the completion of tax returns and other tax-related documents. They assist in the preparation and submission of tax returns for individuals, self-employed professionals, businesses, and other entities. They provide advice and guidance to help taxpayers minimize their tax bills by utilizing all possible deductions and credits, while ensuring they still meet their tax obligations. They also provide support for audits and inquiries. Many tax professionals work on a short-term, seasonal basis.
Tax professionals typically have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, and a background in accounting, bookkeeping, or similar roles. A professional designation such as a CPA is an advantage. They should have extensive experience preparing tax returns and related supporting documentation. Proficiency using tax preparation software programs or online tools is helpful.
- Apply defined practices, procedures and company policies to troubleshoot and resolve product and tax support customer inquiries.
- Perform tax planning for clients and answer tax questions.
- Assist in handing out materials to members as they arrive.
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns.
- Willingness to utilize audio/visual tools to communicate with customers.
- Prepare complex tax returns for individual and fiduciary clients.
- Identify opportunity for quality improvement to colleagues and management.
- This is a seasonal position providing assistance to customers both assisting them in preparing their own returns and/or fully preparing customer tax returns.
- Collect and review documentation to support tax return filings.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and year-end estimates.
- Prepare management reports related to the tax foreclosure process.
- Prepare and file monthly U.S. sales and use tax returns.
- Actively participate in continuing education and professional growth activities.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations, analysis and journal entries.
- Build and manage client relationships, and supervise, mentor, and develop staff.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other taxing authorities.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in accounting, business, finance, or computer science.
- Able to display confidence and positive attitude.
- Advanced general ledger skills.
- Strong command of English language and good communication skills.
- Requires meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and problem solving abilities.
How much does a Tax Professional Senior Staff make?
There are no current reports for Tax Professional Senior Staff salaries. You can add additional job titles in your job preferences to see related salary information.
Staff Senior Tax Professional Career Path
Learn how to become a Staff Senior Tax Professional, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Average Years of Experience
Staff Senior Tax Professional Insights
“Minimum wage after 4 months of studying and training was not exactly what I had expected.”
“There is great scope for career and personal development as a result of this scheme and I feel adequately challenged.”
“There is a coaching and constructive feedback system that fosters personal growth and development each year.”
“The people are honestly awesome and haven't had any issues in my time here.”
“The HMRC offer flexible working and I am currently fully home based which suits my situation as a working parent.”
“Great place to start your career I public accounting and gain experience within the field.”
“KPMG Nigeria is the best place to start your career and gain required experience to succeed in the industry.”
“It was a great experience to learn Tax laws and help people with tax return preparation.”
Staff Senior Tax Professional Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Staff Senior Tax Professional
- Tax Consultant
- Tax Accountant
- Tax Analyst
- Tax Manager