What does a Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead do?
A Heavy Equipment Operator uses a variety construction class vehicle on various job sites in all weather conditions. You will perform duties as part of a team and will be expected to communicate effectively while maintaining the highest safety practices.
The ideal candidate needs to have a GED or H.S. diploma with any current NCCER certification. You need to have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record for the past 2 years and at minimum of 2 years of experience handling heavy equipment. You need an understanding of the necessary job site safety procedures and preventative maintenance on a variety of construction class vehicles. A job offer is contingent on passing a drug test. A Heavy Equipment Operator will have the flexibility to work a variety of shifts potentially on different job sites with 2 weeks' notice.
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Operates a variety of construction class vehicles
- Operate vehicles with safety precautions in place
- Works as part of a team under strict deadlines
- Expected to work in a variety of extreme weather conditions
- Maintenance licensing and certification on all vehicles
- Wear safety gear at all times
- Attend all safety trainings
- Driver's license, required
- Clean driving record for the past 2 years
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Hold any NCCER certification, required
- 2+ years of experience handling heavy equipment
- Understanding of job site safety procedures
- Familiarity with preventive maintenance on a variety of construction class vehicles
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts with 2 weeks' notice
- Willingness to be outside in a variety of extreme weather conditions
How much does a Heavy Equipment Operator make near United States?
Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead Career Path
Learn how to become a Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead, what skills and education you need to succeed, and what level of pay to expect at each step on your career path.
Years of Experience Distribution
Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead Insights
“But as stated earlier… This is an great opportunity for personal and professional growth.🙂”
“Working at Red Chris Mine JV camp was good and the food was better than expected.”
“My experience was great I really have fun working with some brilliant minds..these workers are really skilled and love what they do.”
“Management and HR will straight up lie to your face to get you to work and act like nothing happen.”
“Really nothing to complain about other than I haven’t been able to move up or get a raise.”
“Insurance is expensive to have for family .. pay could be better if you have experience ..”
“Weekly production bonus which was anywhere from 100 to 150% of your base pay.”
“i worked everyday and good money”
Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead Interviews
Frequently asked questions about the roles and responsibilities of a Heavy Equipment Operator Team Lead