Compare 3M vs Amazon BETASee how working at 3M vs. Amazon compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at 3M vs. Amazon. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- 3M scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values and % Recommend to a friend.
- Amazon scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Senior Management, CEO Approval and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at 3M.
- "Good work culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at 3M.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
I have been working at Amazon for less than a year
In my short time that I have been with Amazon, I have noticed all the qualities I am looking for when working for a company. Amazon has been one of the greatest jobs I have had, not because of the... pay, because of other Amazonians and the quality of work from everyone. It is very easy to get confused or hit a "wall" when you are an intern but managers, mentors, and buddies at Amazon are very helpful in helping you overcome any obstacle that you may face.
If you are not willing or used to work in a fast paced environment, you may be overwhelmed. You are constantly working with changes so you have to be able to adapt and overcome. You must be very... mature and responsible as you need to make decisions on your own and work on your own without falling behind. Please Note these may not be Cons for all, I prefer a fast paced under pressure environment and not me micro-managed.
Advice to Management
Management is awesome, and they really hold the true meaning of an "open-door policy" I felt that I could reach out to my manager for any issues. Management is very friendly and super helpful. Thank... you so much for the opportunity and experience.