Compare 3M vs Seagate Technology BETASee how working at 3M vs. Seagate Technology compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at 3M vs. Seagate Technology. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- 3M scored higher in 9 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at 3M.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Seagate Technology.
- 3M had 29 more reviews than Seagate Technology that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
- 3M had 9 more reviews than Seagate Technology that mentioned "Upper management" as a Con.
I have been working at 3M full-time for more than 10 years
Surprisingly agile for such a large company. Able to listen. Great team, both in Pittsburgh and at 3M HIS - also on the corporate level where I had interactions. Health plan got better through... acquisition by 3M. The general feeling is that they really care about their employees and try to do the right thing.
3M is a BIG company. There is, by necessity, more administrative overhead than for small companies. Acquisitions and mergers are always a bit rough, so it's hard to judge even 11 month in. But they... managed to keep disruptions to a minimum while actually making progress on integration. Integration goes both ways, which is always nice to see.
I have been working at Seagate Technology full-time for more than 5 years
Excellent benefits and good management stile. No longer has many jobs in OK.
outsourced our entire job process and most of those in OKC were laid off.
Advice to Management
Could use a little bit more of a older management that is less inclined to be played by the staff.