Compare Activision Blizzard vs Valence BETASee how working at Activision Blizzard vs. Valence compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Activision Blizzard vs. Valence. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Valence scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Great people" was the most mentioned Pro at Activision Blizzard.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Activision Blizzard.
I have been working at Activision Blizzard for less than a year
- 40 hrs of sick pay off the bat. - Paid training. - Very PC. - Community involvement. - Moral Compass - Understanding
- Long hours - Lots of Multi tasking - You have to learn to use a lot of uncommon software that may take time to learn how to use and can be frustrating.
Advice to Management
Check on your testers more frequently. Especially your overnight employees. Especially the ones who started off eager to learn and please but have fizzled out. This job is very exhausting to those... with mental health issues.
I have been working at Valence full-time
The team is very focused on driving some amazing and innovative solutions for customers via the latest emerging tech, so it is very refreshing to actually deliver digital transformation and be part... of our customers' change. We often hold discovery sessions and host companies whom are just wanting to understand how the latest tech is being used today to determine how they also might create competitive advantages or avoid falling behind - this is a great way to see how customers are thinking. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Open doors to the management team whom are always open for discussions. The employee and customer referral program is amazing. Stocked kitchen is a plus!
As with many tech companies, it is a fast-paced environment where we are often on the cutting-edge of solving problems. It is important that employees can self-direct work and delivery and not be... afraid to take chances.
Advice to Management
Continue to celebrate and share our wins. Often times our team members don't get to see the great work that others are doing!