I can honestly say that I've never been surrounded by so many genuine, authentic, and nice people in my career. The work environment is one where colleagues truly care about each other. It may sound... simple but it's really motivating to be at a company where employees care so much about each other and the company cares about you- as a person not just another employee. There is also a mindset here where leadership is always questioning the status quo, pushing everyone to think bigger and differently, not get complacent, and to push for disruption if it will make us better. For a company over 30 years old and very successful, it's incredible to see and hear our leaders pushing for new ways of thinking so actively. There is no "old vs. new" guard that you might see at other companies. In addition to all this, the offices are gorgeous, comfortable, and creative. Food is excellent and subsidized a lot (not free which I like as there's no waste and less entitlement that what I've experienced at other Valley companies).
No real cons from a working perspective, I could get picky and say the elevators get crowded at lunch time and parking is tough if you show up to work late!
Advice to Management
Keep up the mindset of being so welcome to new ways of thinking, fresh perspectives. The humility here is key to us continuing to get better and stay ahead.
Current Employee - Collaboration Customer Success Manager
I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than a year
-Extremely supportive coworkers (the most helpful people I know)
-The benefits are amazing - not just 401K/PTO/Health Insurance, but Cisco has so many continued learning events and resources, 5 days... VTO (volunteer time off) to give back, employee resource organizations to get involved with, on site gym (with awesome classes) and healthcare facilities, plus a lot of on-site events to promote cross-collaboration with other groups.
- The pay is amazing.
- Very communicative and transparent with all changes/considerations. We have monthly All-Hands via Cisco TV where our CEO and much of the C-Suite are updating us on the latest happenings in the company.
- Very supportive leadership in ensuring you are set up for success and continually helping you to identify and plan for future roles you may want to take on.
- The commute/traffic to RTP.
- Like many large companies, there are a lot of old tools, processes, and systems that you have to use to do your job. They are working hard to consolidate them though!...
- Again, with many other large companies, lay offs can happen (but Cisco did put on an internal career fair the last time for those being displaced to try and refill open positions based on skillsets of those that were impacted.)
Advice to Management
Keep being transparent and working on improving employee experiences! Continue with the work on dealing with layoffs, the career fair was a great start!)