Compare Airbnb vs GitHub BETASee how working at Airbnb vs. GitHub compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Airbnb vs. GitHub. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Airbnb scored higher in 4 areas: Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
- GitHub scored higher in 4 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Great culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Airbnb.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at GitHub.
- Airbnb had 65 more reviews than GitHub that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 5 years
Lots of opportunities for growth, fun work environment, wonderful co-workers, employee resources groups and volunteer activities, great benefits, stocks, etc
Convoluted processes, everyone laid off
I have been working at GitHub full-time for more than a year
Great co-workers, great managers, good compensation, good mission
Moving from medium to big sized company. Sometimes you may not agree with the company policies. Some struggles with coordination as the company continues to grow quickly.
Advice to Management
Continue to deliver but make sure that the people placed in upper level management roles facilitate coordination and stick with empathy first.