Compare Airbnb vs Uber BETASee how working at Airbnb vs. Uber compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Airbnb vs. Uber. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Airbnb scored higher in 7 areas: Overall Rating, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Uber scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Great culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Airbnb.
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Uber.
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Con at Airbnb.
- "Riders" was the most mentioned Con at Uber.
I worked at Airbnb full-time for more than 5 years
- Great Benefits - Creative, driven, and hard working colleagues - Global teams = diverse perspectives - Focused on growth mindset leadership - Great for beginning and mid career growth.
- Since it's global, it never "shuts off" - meetings can sometimes be early or late in the day - Extremely fast paced, decisions sometimes made w/o consults, or decision not made because too many... "cooks in the kitchen" - If you are outside of the SF offices, it can be sometimes hard to connect with other staff.
Advice to Management
Please continue to focus on diverse hiring, more women, LGBTQIA+, and POC in leadership roles (including the board and all the way up to E-Staff).