Compare Akamai vs Facebook BETASee how working at Akamai vs. Facebook compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Akamai vs. Facebook. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Akamai scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Work-life balance, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Facebook scored higher in 3 areas: Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits and Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Work life balance" was the most mentioned Pro at Akamai.
- "Free food" was the most mentioned Pro at Facebook.
- Facebook had 428 more reviews than Akamai that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Akamai full-time for more than a year
Only expected to work 40 hours a week, promotion requirements outlined, company holidays, you can actually use unlimited paid time off. Flexible work from home.
Possible to be overloaded with customer accounts. The recent restructuring of the company was due to everyone working from home, which seemed necessary given the pandemic.
Advice to Management
Scale-up Security Services, hire more Security Consultants to divide the workload.
I have been working at Facebook full-time
- Amazing onboarding experience - Wide selection of teams - Rewarding compensation - Impressive engineering tooling - Great extracurricular support
- Starting to feel less like a startup - Processes can be rigid in some situations