I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year
- You can learn a lot very quickly in a very short time
- Surrounded with nothing but incredibly smart and driven individuals.
- Compensation is well beyond my expectations, and more than suitable....
- Exciting projects all across the company that keep you interested and focused.
- Amazon is changing the world
- Can be overwhelming, very steep learning curve
- Can be difficult to keep up if you are not self motivated
I have been working at Brightcove full-time for more than a year
There has been constant change since I joined Brightcove, however, it is all for the best. The new CEO and executive team have a clear vision for the future and path to success which they are... transparent about it with employees. There is no guessing what our focus is anymore, we are one (global) team that is focused on delivering the best for our customers.
Marketing has seen the biggest change. There are no more favorites, everyone is treated with respect and opinions are valued. The silos have been removed and the team is working together better than it ever has and that is largely due to our new CMO. All marketing departments (product, revenue, & comms) reporting into one leader has made us more efficient with less frustration. The VPs have been invaluable in setting expectations and ushering their teams through the reorg with a positive attitude.
While its not perfect (yet), it is above and beyond what it was 6 months ago, and still trending in the right direction.
With any big reorg there are still a lot of moving pieces and work to be done but the right team and people are in place to make this successful for everyone at the company.
Advice to Management
Keep doing what you're doing, the company seems to be moving in the right direction, and it's definitely helping increase employee morale again.