Compare Amazon vs Gap BETASee how working at Amazon vs. Gap compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. Gap. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Gap scored higher in 2 areas: Work-life balance and Culture & Values.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Good work culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Employee discount" was the most mentioned Pro at Gap.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
- "Gap cards" was the most mentioned Con at Gap.
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year
-Working from home. -Excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401K contribution match and stock purchase options. -Paid weekly. -Competitive wage. -Company issues work... materials; laptop, headset, etc. -They will pay 100% of tuition and job training for a different career
-You cannot choose your own schedule; they assign you. -You start at the bottom, even if you've worked for Amazon before and have proven yourself reliable. -Less qualified employees will often be... managers while employees with a management background are not.
Advice to Management
I'd like to see Amazon give overqualified employees given better opportunities than they do. Employees must "work their way up" regardless if they hold a Masters vs. a high-school graduate. Pay is... good but not when you are worth way more.