Compare Amazon vs Hays BETASee how working at Amazon vs. Hays compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. Hays. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Hays scored higher in 2 areas: Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Both tied in 1 area: Senior Management.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Career progression" was the most mentioned Pro at Hays.
- Amazon had 2,357 more reviews than Hays that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I worked at Hays full-time
Great opportunity to learn and become ingrained in an industry - Not just the staffing business, but the people business, and the industry that you recruit for (Life Sciences, IT, Accounting &... Finance, Construction & Property etc.). Hays does its best to align you with your strengths as well. There is a big push to have a separation of duties between true hunters and farmers on the sales side, and specific skillsets on the recruiting side. - Tons of PTO front loaded (4 weeks to start I believe) -Opportunity to see the fruits of your labor, via commission. -Flexible work schedule (remote/office) -Tons of opportunity to join committees with exposure to senior leadership -Office culture (although this varies office to office) -Branding and Name in the Staffing Industry -GREAT learning and development team/programs
- Salaries could be more competitive, especially with the new commission structure. - The new CEM role should be compensated on their KPIs (New contracts signed, # of placements at accounts brought... in etc.) - Becoming more of a red tape process as the business is starting to grow in the US - compared to even a few years ago. - 401k match seems non existent