Compare Amazon vs SAIC BETASee how working at Amazon vs. SAIC compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. SAIC. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- SAIC scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 1 area: Compensation & Benefits.
What Employees Say
- "Good work culture" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Good benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at SAIC.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
- "Upper management" was the most mentioned Con at SAIC.
I have been working at Amazon full-time
Decent starting wage at $19 an hour. $21 if you work weekends. The work is easy at the air hub. (Hebron, KY) Take boxs, stack them up . Simple, easy money. Two 30 minute breaks. L1 associates are... friendly. Management is friendly. Building it state of the art and fairly clean. Bathrooms are always clean. Forget your lunch, no worries. They have different chips, different candy, ice cream treats, drinks and food in refrigerators to microwave.
The building is big, it's a long walk to anywhere.
Advice to Management
Promote from within.
I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year
Travel via airlines, rental cars are great. Marriott hotels are good.
Scheduling and acquiring a contract is going to be a surprise as to when, where, and what time which could make or break your confidence and job security if low on financial support.