Compare Amazon vs SmartThings BETASee how working at Amazon vs. SmartThings compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. SmartThings. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- SmartThings scored higher in 1 area: Work-life balance.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at SmartThings.
- "Long hours" was the most mentioned Con at Amazon.
- "Leadership team" was the most mentioned Con at SmartThings.
I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year
Very nice work environment. You will learn so much when it comes to EHS and will develop you. Leaders help you grow and working with operation managers is easy. Pay is great too.
Sometimes can be stressful like all EHS careers and is not a fun industry but that depends on the person.
I have been working at SmartThings full-time for more than a year
SmartThings has a huge platform with high volumes of traffic, a plethora of technologies used, and brilliant engineers.
It can be demanding, the world of IOT is moving extremely fast.
Advice to Management
Reliability engineering should be a first class concern. New features are great, but reliability engineering should be a first class product concern that requires continuous investment as it has the... most direct impact on our customers.