Compare Amazon vs US Navy BETASee how working at Amazon vs. US Navy compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Amazon vs. US Navy. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Amazon scored higher in 6 areas: Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- US Navy scored higher in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Compensation & Benefits.
- Both tied in 1 area: Overall Rating.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at Amazon.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at US Navy.
- Amazon had 644 more reviews than US Navy that mentioned "Long hours" as a Con.
I have been working at US Navy full-time
Gives the schooling and experience to either stay in or choose another route of either going to college or just working another job. Also teaches you the discipline, and hard work needed in the world
You realize the military is not for everyone I love the time I was in and realized that it was a great experience with great learning opportunities but wasn’t a place I wanted to work for 20 years
Advice to Management
Working with many different people was great but not everyone has the same work ethic some good, some bad as those people that are bad usually stay in and the great people leave a Per-sue other job... opportunities which leaves the less great people to lead shops or whole divisions and that’s where life becomes less enjoyable and work a lot more stressful