Compare American Cancer Society vs Food Gatherers BETASee how working at American Cancer Society vs. Food Gatherers compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at American Cancer Society vs. Food Gatherers. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- American Cancer Society scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance and CEO Approval.
- Food Gatherers scored higher in 4 areas: Overall Rating, Senior Management, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
- Both tied in 2 areas: Career Opportunities and Culture & Values.
What Employees Say
- "Great mission" was the most mentioned Pro at American Cancer Society.
- "Volunteers" was the most mentioned Con at American Cancer Society.
I worked at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year
Best onboarding experience, so much job support. Good people and office environment (pre covid). Meaningful work. Work life balance was beautiful. Had great bosses and colleagues. Networked and... connections made were priceless. Allowed individuals to be who they are.
Had to pay for parking at downtown building. Difficult to find donations checks due to mailing processes. Year end reconciliation was grueling.
Advice to Management
Great organization, could.improve processes for reconciling Financials.
I worked at Food Gatherers
Food Gatherers is such a positive environment, and everyone who works for it truly cares about doing good for the community. It's an amazing place to work, both for its office environment and the... purposeful impact it has throughout Washtenaw County.
There really weren't any downsides to working for Food Gatherers.